Monday, December 15, 2014

Confessions

Confession: I haven´t eaten a panetone in a very long time. I hope to break this soon...

other confession: I am a very judgmental person. I guess the Lord wants me to learn humility and love for all of his children. And he blessed us with a miracle despite of my imperfections. Here´s what happened:
Tuesday night one of our appointments fell through, so we were walking in the street and saw a man near his house. When we approached, he tried to shut his gate, but we are persistant and speak loudly and he eventually came out to talk to us. He told us that he didn´t want to talk to us, but it must seem that God wants him to listen to us.... that´s good, right? But he smelled like beer and acted/talked a bit slowly, so we assumed he was drunk... ok, he probably was. Anyways, we invited him to come to church. And honestly, I didn´t expect him to, but guess who was our ONLY investigator in church yesterday? Carlos!  It completely blew my mind, and I feel ashamed that I was so quick to judge. 
 
I was so convinced that we have a ton of other investigators better- some references from members, some part-active families who are returning to church. these people promised us throughout the week that they would come to church- but NO SHOW. 

And so Carlos is really part of God´s plan. When church ended, he turned to us, and began thanking us a million times for inviting him. He told us that he wants to learn everything. He told one of the counilers in the bishopric that he decided to switch religion. It turned out to be a great day.

TOMORROW IS OUR CHRISTMAS CONFERENCE FOR THE MISSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE WHOLE ENTIRE MISSION IS GOING TO LONDRINA TO THE CONFERENCE! And so right now, we are in the center of Marília with our zone  (practicing a song and a show for a a talent show) and in a couple of hours, we are going to board a bus with missionaries from the city of Bauru and go to Londrina. And guess who is in Bauru? SISTER SOLIS AND SISTER COSTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you remember when I was in a trio for the first time1??!?!?!!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!? Well they are companions again (as sister leading trainers) and this is the first time in a VERY long time I´m going to see them!!! It´s incredible how much love I have for the sisters here in the mission. I didn´t know this kind of love existed outside of my family and (of course) the love of God.

Mom, to answer your question: have I seen the video "he is the gift?" Only EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our days now revolve around this video- for every person we talk with in the street, we give them a little card inviting them to watch this video. And we show it to like alllllll of our investigators. And yes, I love it :)

hey love ya all! 
Sister Eliason
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment