Monday, July 28, 2014

surprises

BOM DIA COM MUITO ALEGRIA!!!!

Why hello there!
First of all, guess what?! We had a baptism this week! His name is Djalma and he actually became our investigator a couple of weeks ago when we did the open house for the new chapel.  We found his house and began teaching him- at first he didn´t want to go to church at all- pretty normal. He told us (along with a ton of other people too) that religion is in our hearts and that he can worship in his house... But we explained that you can´t partake of the sacrament in your own house, and that the sacrament is a COMMANDMENT of God. So we took him to church, and he liked it. When he went for a second time yesterday, he loved it. And he was baptized later that night.

Suely- I don´t know what to do with her. She is so good- she comes to church EVERY Week, but just won´t get baptized. I think she´s a little bit afraid. 

We are teaching a girl named Bruna who went to church yesterday. We planned to pick up her and her friend and walk with them to church, but when we passed by their houses, they had already left. We found them in the chruch when we arrived. I wished all my problems could be solved like this.

TYLER!!!!! YOU´RE GOING TO BE HEAD CHEF OF NOODLES & CO.?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!!? How in the world did you land that job?!  Hope you like to cook noodles... ps. don´t put any farofa on any of the noodles. P.s. did you even bring any farofa or other brazilian food home with you?

Something cool- we had lunch with an irmã who married an american. And his daughter was visiting from the states. Do you know what we ate for lunch? Salad, rotissery chicken, mashed potatoes, GRAVY, bread, and cooked veggies. I was in HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!! It was THANKSGIVING in JULY!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH All that was missing was the family, footbal (American), and fa-sleeping.

Also, I am tired of rain. Sorry if I´m a debbie-downer, but it´s a whole lot more fun to go outside when it´s not raining.

SOMETHING CRAZY!!!!! So tuesday we had divisions. But I stayed with my companion. It turned out that the assistants came and did divisions with the zone leaders and one pair worked in our area and one pair worked in the area of the other sisters. and we actually taught a couple of lessons together. WHAT!!?!!!? It was good and I learned a lot, but I NEVER thought that this could happen.

Hope you are all doing well!!! 
READ THE SCRIPTURES!!! O be wise, what more can I say?

Much love,
Sister Eliason

BAPTISM of Irmão Djalma!

I think I´m going to buy this skirt for my birthday.... Debating...
Irmã suely wanted a photo- no, she wansn´t baptized, but I love her.




No comments:

Post a Comment