Monday, July 21, 2014

After the trial of your faith....

SO THIS WEEK WAS ANOTHER BALL OF EMOTIONS!!!

I don´t think anyone prepared me that I could feel EVERY EMOTION POSSIBLE here on the mission. But really.

Let me start with Monday. WE SAVED A WOMAN´S LIFE!!! Well, not really, but I like to say that we did.. haha! So we got a  call from our ward mission leader telling that it was the birthday of his mother (who is not a member) and he wanted us to visit her. So we dutifully went to her house, and when we got there, she told us that she didn´t feel good, so we took her across the street to the pharmacy (there are almost as many pharmacies as there are churches (aka, one on every corner.)) Anyways, they took her pressure, and it was realllly low, so we walked her back to her house where she ate 3 green olives and called her daughter to come and take her to the hospital. It was a good thing we were there. 
After we saved her life, we passed by Suely (I learned that´s how she spells her name.) And started doing a pre-interview, but when we were resolving her doubts, her SUPER 7th DAY ADVENTIST friend came over. and it was time for us to go anyways.... :/  Super nervous. But we just prayed. 

Tuesday, I tried to explain Calvin and Hobbes to Sister Henrik, but she didn´t get it/think it was funny. 

Wednesday and Thursday, we taught and walked and taught some more. I just don´t like when our plans and back-up plans fall through...
AHHHHH!H!!H IT´S TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So we went to an investigator´s house, and after we taught him, I read out loud his telephone number to verify that it was correct. After I did, he asked if I could read it in English, and this is what I said:
nine-nine-seis-seis-five-seven-eight-nine-six.
Sister Henrik looked at me like I was crazy, and I looked at her like "duh! I´m right, I know English!!!"  Annnnnnd then I thought about what I said. Then I realized that it´s true: I´m forgetting english. 

Saturday was super hard on the inside because Suely had a baptismal interview, but when we passed by her house, all the lights were on, but SHE WASNT THERE!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH! And we called her like 50 times, but to no avail. We asked her neighbors if they knew where she was, but NADA. To us, it seemed like she was trying to avoid us and the interview. Like it was almost a reality that she didn´t want to continue anymore. 

But when we came to church yesterday, SHE WAS THERE!!!!! She explained what happened and why she wasn´t able to go. Then when we visited her last night, we marked another interview for TONGIHT!!!!!! AHHH I love her! She´s by far the most blunt investigator I´ve ever had. For example, I knew she had a question about tithing, so we prepared and taught her the law of the tithe last night, and when we finished what we had to say, this is what she said. "Ok, I understand. what else are you going to teach me tonight?" ummmmmmmm.... She promised us a cake this next saturday.

AHHH! Quickly. Remember Ademir. Well he came to church yesterday and we pulled him from a class to teach him the commandments. He told us that ever since he started coming to church, he jsut had a feeling that he needed to stop smoking.  So he did. And also he needed to stop drinking coffee, but he didn´t know why, so he continued. But when we taught him yesterday, he was like "ohhh now I understand why I felt like I needed  to stop." He will be baptized this Thursday. PLEASE KEEP HIM IN YOUR PRAYERS!!!!

love ya! I´m out of time!
Sister Eliason
 


I was trying to have the hair of my companion. It was hard to manipulate, and the photo turns out looking like she has two heads.... it´s weird, but hilarious.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment