Monday, August 4, 2014

The earth's rotation

FACT: The earth rotates faster around the sun the exact hour we are on the internet. This is a fact- because this is the FASTEST HOUR OF MY LIFE!!!

Ok- this week was a little disappointing. I´ll explain- remember Bruna that I told you all about last week? Well she and her friend Bianca had baptismal dates for this Sunday and baptismal interviews this Friday. But when we went to pick them up on Friday, they fell through. Let´s just say that they both LIED to us and then literally ran away. It´s kind of complicated and I don´t really want to expound, but yeah... I just remember what the Lord told Joseph Smith- All these things give thee experience.
 
My companion is really great- she said a prayer that was really comforting to me, and I really needed it at the time.

So Suely is still not baptized. We are fasting and praying for her. I just KNOW that she will be.... This is absurd that we are still teaching her- but she keeps coming to church, so we keep visiting her. At least now she is actually reading and praying more sincerely.

Tuesday was capitão´s (Ward mission leader) birthday!!!!!! I think I have already told you that he LOVESSSSSSSS Missionary work and us more than anything, right?! (Like he goes on splits with the elders in their own areas too...) Well his cake was RIDICULOUSLY AMAZING!!!! He put 4 flags on the cake (Brazil, capo verde africa (where his daughter is serving), the united states (because of me), and argintina (because of my companion.)) AHHHH IT was WONDERFUL!!!! Half the branch came over to celebrate, and when we ate it, it turned everyone´s teeth and tongue blue and green. Best cake I´ve ever etean in my life- it was so fun.

This week was all right- we need new investigators... I don´t really feel like talking about events, so let me share some of my thoughts:

One thing I´ve learned about the mission, but also in life, is that it is full of SACRIFICES. Like sometimes Io sacrifice my own comfort to let my companion be more comfortable. Also, when we learn how to sacrifice, we are learning how to be like the Savior who made the ULTIMATE sacrifice. Life is full of large and small sacrifices, but I think that through sacrifices, we learn to forget ourselves and love others.

Tuesday, we had a zone meeting. At the beginning, one of our zone leaders made a formal apology about  what he said a couple of weeks ago. I was pretty impressed/grateful he did so because I know it is never comfortable todo so. I also learned a couple things> each on e of us has mistakes of the past that nag at us, whether these mistakes are big or small it does not matter- true followers of Christ are trying to be as He is. I love how it says in Preach my Gospel how repentance is a blessing, because I know it really is.

Hey love ya all!!
Sister Eliason

the cake for Capitão´s birthday!!!!! He loves us (the missionaries)

No comments:

Post a Comment