Tuesday, June 3, 2014

MIRACLES AND TRANSFER

GUESS WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!
?!?!?!?!?!?!
1- had a baptism this week
2- I´m being transferred.

Ok- Miracle baptism!! Story: last Sunday, a woman stopped us on the street and asked when the church service was. We got a-talkin´and it turns out that shés less active and recently moved here to Sarandi. She told us that her 10 year old son likes church and was asking her if they could go. So what did we do? We marked a day to pass by her house and talk more. So Wednesday we went there and her 10 year old, Fellipe, just happened to stay home sick from school. We ended up setting a baptismal date for him! HE was super excited and when he prayed, he prayed that his baptism wouldn´t be delayed. WE passed by the next day, and his mother told us that the day that would work best for them (for the baptism) is Saturday. Yeah. Factors: Fellipe has been to church a couple of times with his Aunt and Uncle who live in the nearby city, Maringá, so all we had to do is get permission from our mission president and the Bishop. It was a little hectic, and definitely felt some pressure, but in the end, the Lord works miracles, and Fellipe was baptized. AHHHH!!! This family is so great! They love us! Every time we showed up at their front door, the kids come running and screaming, YAYYYY! SISTERS!!!  It´s wonderful.

But it´s also kind of sad because today is TRANSFERS!!!!! And you-know-who (not Voldemort) is getting Transferred!!! I have really grown to love Sarandi, and the members have grown to love us too. (funny side note, yesterday when we told people that someone would probably be leaving, 3 men cried. (Alcides, the grandfather of the ward, the ward mission leader, and the assistant ward mission leader.) At different times. I don´t think any woman cried.... 

Anyways, I´M TRAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I´M FREAKING OUT!!! I STILL FEEL SO YOUNG IN THE MISSION! LIKE, I´M THE NEW ONE STILL!  I don´t even have 6 months in Brazil- sure, the language is getting better every day- I don´t really speak English anymore- but still... WHAT?! TRAINING!? ummm all I know is that I´m being transferred to somewhere in São Paulo. For all those who don´t know- São Paulo is like New York. There exists a city which is very different from the state. I´m going to the state part. SUPER NERVOUS, but so excited. One downer is that now I´m Senior companion and stuck with the cellphone. AGGG!! I really don´t like talking on the cellphone- and it´s difficult because it´s in Portuguese.  Also, because I´m being transferred AND training, this means that I will be opening a new area. Basically all on my own. Well not all on my own because I´ll have the Lord´s help.  
I just need to trust in Him and His will. I am learning so much! So much about trusting others and myself too. 

But, it will all be good. This work is so rewarding. Seeing people´s lives change for the better as we invite them to come unto Christ. Like this is the most important thing we can do in our lives- improve our relationship with Christ and Heavenly Father. I testify of this. 

I love you all! Hope all is well! Hope you all are enjoying the weather getting warmer there as it is getting colder here. 

Love,
Sister Eliason

No comments:

Post a Comment