-Tyler, if you open a pastelaria, I would be your best customer.
-Mom, the best line of your letter was this: Did you know that Preston calls school buses "Twinkies?" His reasoning is that here in Utah the buses are yellow, with extremely white filling.
- I´m a super terrible friend. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ONE WEEK LATE TO MY BEST FRIEND MEGAN HENDRIX!!!!!! 20 years is a feat! WOOOOHOOOO!
- Feliz Anneversario para Elder Parker Ayer aqui em Brasil! I would have to admit, having my cousin so close to me is pretty awesome!
- Congrats to Chloe Anderson who gets set apart tonight to be a full-time missionary!
- Tomorrow marks the day that I received my mission call! Also marks 6 months that I am in Brasil!!!
- HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!! Dad- you are the best father on the planet! Watch the world cup for me.
- Gonna make cookies this week for an activity...
- I gave a talk in Sacrament meeting yesterday, and what do you know?! I had so much to say, I had to cut my talk short.
- I don´t think in English- don´t even ask me to speak in English- it comes out about 1/2 and 1/2 and doesn´t make any sense.
- The other day, we talked with a young man on the street who told us that he wants to study and do an internship in the United States. However he didn´t know where, so he asked my opinion of where would be a good place to go. Of course I told him Utah! (hehe what he doesn´t know is that there he will meet a ton of members! and probably the missionaries....) :)
-Our district leader forgot our letters and Liahonas last week. Hopefully he´ll remember tomorrow and I´ll get letters from like 3 months ago...
Speaking of which, My district leader is from Highland Utah! His name is Elder Jewel (I don´t know his first name.) But family, that would be kind of cool if you knew his family. How big is Highland anyways? (Big enough for 3 stakes....)
THE WORLD CUP.
Ok, let´s be honest. That´s all that anyone talks about here. And it´s a little bit annoying because it interferes with out proselyting time. And my companion is from Argentina, so naturally people are slow to like her. (There is a HUGE competition and bad feeling between Argentina and Brazil when talking about soccer.)
So we stay in our apartment waiting for the game to end when Brasil plays. And our Mission president is SUPER good at not wasting time, so last time Brasil played, we did weekly planning... I wonder what we´ll do tomorrow.
This work is hard. We finally started finding new investigators (and one woman was super excited and felt the spirit. But when we passed by Saturday to confirm that we would pick her up Sunday, she told us that her husband doesn´t want her to go to our church, but that they would go the the Catholic church Sunday. Talk about a Slap in the Face! aggggggkjahgçiuaehgçiuha sometimes it´s super hard to let people use their agency! Or at least have patience with it. It´s difficult because we have no progressing investigators.
We have the best members here!!! Our ward mission leader is AMAZING! We call him capitão (Captin) and he is always wanting to introduce us to everyone he meets. He gives us lots of food too. :) He is so animated about missionary work that he calls up the Elders in the surrounding cities to see if he can work with them, and also to see how thier investigators are.
The youth also are super pumped. I think every single youth has told us that he/she wants to serve a mission. Our ward missionaries consists of one couple and about 8 youth. It´s awesome.
I love you all and pray for you! This work is so true! READ THE SCRIPTURES! Did you know, people who leave the church do so because they first stop reading the Book of Mormon? Yep it´s true.
|Sister Henrik and I!!!|
|Some of the members.|
|View from our apartment.|