Monday, April 27, 2015

This is it- the last email.

Where do I begin?! So many wonderful things happened this week that I could spend 5 hours writing about just this week. So how an I expected to write about my mission? 

Remember the one young woman named Bianca that we found and showed her the "Because he lives" video? Well
 yesterday,
she 
was
BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!

The Lord tests our patience and faith, and sometimes it´s hard to continue, but he is ever MERCIFUL. Bianca is really, really special. I really love her so much- how is it possible to gain such love for a whole country? I really love Brasil. 

And right now it´s hitting me that I´m going home. OF course I´m excited to see my family and go to the temple and everything, but oh, how I will miss this beautiful country where the people´s hearts are so warm and open.

It´s hard to say goodbye.
I have never felt so much love as I have felt for my companions. The Lord has really blessed me with companions that I love with all my heart, and have helped me become more like my Savior. 
It´s hard to say goodbye to my Mission Presidente and his wife, President and Sister Genaro. What a grand example they are to me. 

I love this language, Portuguese. Who would have ever thought that I would be able to speak and understand a different language very well in just a year and a half? Who would have ever thought that it would be extremely difficult to speak english. (all those at home, beware: the last time I spoke english was over 3 months ago... nobody in the house here speaks english.) 

Also, little things: mom, please pull Preston and Brandon Blake out of school to see me at the airport. I´m already very sad that I won´t be able to see Tyler because he´s working in a different state (over 2 year and a half since I´ve seen him) and Tanner because he´s serving a mission. But please, let me see my other brothers as soon as possible.  Everyone´s invited to me ver (oh no!!!) *see me when I get home!! (May 7th.)  
So I arrive home Thursday morning... can I go to the temple thursday afternoon?

Oh man, this is the last email I will send home encouraging all you to be better missionaries- better examples. wow. I didn´t think it would be so hard to say good-bye. 

But I feel very satisfied with my work- I have felt like an instrument in the Lord´s hands so many times. I am honored he has trusted me as his servant. I know this gospel is true with all my heart. I can´t express it with other words. I love my Savior. I believe in his redeeming atonement and am forever grateful. 

I love you all. Very much. 

See you soon :)

Sister Eliason
Missão Brasil Londrina

P.S. please switch my email address: eliasonbl@gmail.com or contact me on facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment