Monday, August 18, 2014

I'm safe from Vampires...

Monday, August 11, 2014

Ok, to explain that title, I´ll backtrack a little. Mom, I GOT YOUR PACKAGE!!! ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! :D The LZs went to Londrina Tuesday, then came back, then we all had our zone meeting on Thursday (my birthday) and they brought back letters and packages. It was perfect! 
But I am absolutely CLUELESS as to why you sent GARLIC SALT!!!!! why?! I think we have more garlic salt in our apartment than what you sent... Anyways, it made EVERYTHING in the package wreek of garlic, including the blouse you sent me (which I really love (thanks!)) And I was asked to give a talk on Sunday (AGAIN!) and really wanted to wear it. So I washed it (I think more than 3 times...) but the blouse still smells like garlic. So yesterday, I sprayed it with perfume, but I the garlic is still noticeable. hahahahahaha! 
Also, why did you sent blue, purple, and green colored mascara? Ha! It´s really fun, but there is no way I can use it on the mission! We are supposed to wear very natural colored make-up....
Oh well, thanks anyways! :)

THIS WEEK WAS CRAZYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let me go day-by-day.
Tuesday:
Indirect quote from Preach my Gospel: "One of the greatest difficulties for missionaries and investigators is discerning the gentle promptings of the Holy Ghost." This is so true! So the PAST Sunday, we taught Laiana (a woman who lives one floor under us) and she was telling us about how she has some problems with her bf (with whom she lives with :/ ) At one point she said something, and I didn´t know how to respond. It got really quiet and then I had a thought: I should talk about the Family: A Proclamation to the world. I explained it, and she said she wanted a copy. So later that night we passed by the church where we picked one up, then gave it to her when we returned that night. We went to teach her again Tuesday, and when we asked if she read it, she said Yes, and she loves it! She told us that in the 3rd-to -last paragraph, she cried. A LOT. She felt that the proclamation is of God and truly inspired. She feels that there exists a modern-day-prophet. WOOHOOOO!!! Only downer- she has to marry or seperate from her BF. Also she found out this week that she is pregnant. :/ Man! Satan works so hard right when we are working hard too!!!!
      Other story of the day: we were walking down the street and saw a woman at her gate. We decided to talk to her, but before we even said anything, she started going off about how she loves her church (universal) and how she´s going to be saved, blah blah blah. She told us that we are wicked, trying to force our religion on everyone, but I tried to explain that we are representatives of Jesus Christ and are doing what he commanded: to Preach His Gospel. Thus we are missionaries. She told us that "missionaries go to hell! Open your eyes!" I told her to have a good afternoon then we walked away. Ok- it is never pleasant to be told that you´re going to hell by someone who sincerely means it. But during this shore conversation, I remembered that I really am a representative of Jesus christ and if he were me, he would justlove her. I remembered what he taught: turn the other cheek. What´s surprising was that as we walked away, I didn´t have any feelings of hatred or malice toward her- I just felt sadness because she doesn´t understand what she´s rejecting.

Wednesday: 
9 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
halfway mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We ate like kings. It was the day before my birthday and word got out in the branch, so we ate filet mignon. (I don´t know how to spell.) Needless to say, lunch was DELICIOUS!!!!!! 

Thursday: MY BIRTHDAY!!! IT was wonderful. Complete with a suprize party from the youth!!! 

Saturday: SUPRISEEEEEE. Suely had a baptismal interview, and yeah. THE TRUTH CAME OUT.
SHE HAS A HUSBAND BUT NOT LEGALLY MARRIED!!!! She was so ashamed to be living this way, she was so embarrassed, she never told us. Ok- HOW MANY TIMES HAVE WE BEEN TO HER HOUSE AND NEVER SEEN A TRACE OF MAN!?!?! But yesterday in church, the lessons were PERFECT! In relief society, it was on eternal marriage. In gospel principles, it was on honesty. 

I´m out of time. 
I love you all! Hope you have great week!
Sister Eliason
 
9 months...




... of the mission!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment