Monday, April 28, 2014

MIRACLES!!!!!!

AND then there were miracles....

Ok, first things first:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRANDON BLAKE ELIASON!!!!!! I can´t believe you´re 12 and have the priesthood! (and to quote grandpa, "more power than the pope")
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELDER TYLER JORDAN ELIASON!!!!!!!! Congrats on 21!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOM AND DAD! 22 years is a feat!

Ok, this week was AMAZING!!! We had 2 baptisms!!! Let me tell you about them:

1. The first man´s name is Geova. He almost was baptized last week, but flaked and drank coffee. But he kept all his commitments this week and told us that he was super excited and felt more prepared. He was baptized Saturday and confirmed on Sunday. He says that he is really happy. YAY!

2. Renan (pronounced Hu-nuh) is 16 and is the boyfriend of a recent convert. She brought him to church the 2 weeks before, and we made an appointment where we thought he would be there, but it turns out he was at school (the hours of public school are super weird here in Brazil.) But he came to church again the next week, so we tried harder to get in contact with him. Well we finally had a lesson on tuesday, and it was, hands-down, the best lesson I´ve had. At the beginning, we asked him what he wanted or expected from the church/missionaries, and he said that he wanted to know it´s true and also to be baptized. HE ACTUALLY SAID THAT!!!!!! THIS IS MY MISSIONARY DREAM COME TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Well we taught him the restoration and about Joseph Smith, and when Sister Solis began to invite him to be baptized, he responded with YES!!! before she could even finish the question. He then gave the closing prayer, so powerful, almost everyone was in tears. We then asked how he felt, and he said "happy- so extremely happy." I testify to all of you right now, that this gospel of Jesus Christ is the only way we will feel pure happiness! (Also, you should read in "Jesus the Christ" chapter 17 note number 2- it talks about happiness.) Anyways, for the rest of the week, we accompanied him, and then was baptized on Saturday by one of the priests in the ward who is his friend. 
When Renan was confirmed on Sunday and received the Gift of the Holy Ghost, he was also blessed that he would serve a full time mission. I am sooooo happy! I am so grateful that I can be an instrument in the hands of the Lord and help His work grow. 

We also taught a girl who was invited to church and went one time. We taught her once (the word of wisdom and the law of chastity) and invited her to pray about our message. Well we went back this week and asked her if she prayed and how she felt. She said that she felt really good-like this is the pathway for her. She said that when she prayed, she asked God that if this really is His will for her, she would have no more desire to drink coffee. Well we came 2 days later, and she said that during this time, NOT ONCE did she have a desire to drink coffee!!!!!! MIRACLES happen when we have faith!!!!!!!!

Really- I am so happy right now- not just this moment, but in this work. I know that no matter what, I have helped others come unto Christ. 

 The baptismal service of Renan and Geova was super complicated to organize! I think we used almost all of our credits on our phones to call people and organize everything, but it was worth it by far! Hey all you at home, do me a favor and help out the missionaries in their baptismal services!!!

I want to tell all of you that I know this is the Lord's work. It is hard, and yes lots and lots and lots of work, but it is SO worth it. Heavenly Father really loves all of his children. He loves me. He loves you. This I know.

Hope you all have a wonderful week!
Sister Eliason

P.S. You should study Preach My Gospel for Family Home Evening.

A Sister in the ward tells me that I look like Tinker Bell, so I took this photo and I think I´ll give it to her

Baptism of Geova

Baptism of Renan


zone!

No comments:

Post a Comment