Monday, February 17, 2014

Won't you be my... Neighbor/Valentine/Investigator?

OOOIIIIIIIIII! Another exciting week in Brazil includes:

-It raining one afternoon, and although we closed the windows and door to our mini balcony (to dry laundry), our apartment flooded again! 
- We made friends with some people at the butchery, and so they give us free meat. :)
- We are making friends and gaining the trust of members here- we´ve had a couple people come up to us and tell us they want to go out with us this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay!
- We had 6 investigators at church yesterday! One man is kind of creepy, and we don´t know him well, but a ward member (adult man) yesterday said he is willing to go with us to teach him. This ward is really great!
- I am really excited about one investigator, Maicol. He is 23 and lives in a part-member family, and yesterday was the first time he went to church in 5 years! It was surprisingly easy too- we told him we would pick him up at 8:30, and he was ready. Then later that afternoon, we taught him and set a date for baptism. Just has a problem with coffee...... And I guess his family is slowly falling away from the church, so we will have to help with that. 
- I will gain so much weight on my mission!!!  People feed us and ALWAYS say "eat more sister, eat more! You walk all day in the sun- you need to eat more. Oh and btw, here is half-a-gallon of ice-cream too." I think my problem is I love to eat, so I do as they say and eat more... :)

I am kind of nervous- we are starting an English class tomorrow! We´ll see how it goes- first time for both Sister Finlinson and I.

I absolutely love the sisters we live with! Sister Costa (São Paulo) and Sister Solis (Paraguay.) They are so sweet and work so hard. They definitetly go the extra mile. However, one of them snores SOOO loudly at night. I don´t remember the last time I´ve had a night without waking up.

This work is hard. It's actually really hard and stressful, but it's also really rewarding. And even though you sometimes can´t see the blessings at the moment, I know the Lord blesses us when we do his work.

I love you all!!!!
Love,
Sister Eliason
 
A man in our ward- soo funny! His old mission plack.

Did I tell you that I´m getting some great tanlines?

Sisters!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment