Thursday, December 5, 2013

THANKSGIVING - guess who we saw?!?!

Any guesses?! Well, *drumroll please* Elder Russell M. Nelson came!!!!!!!!  It was really neat to see another apostle and to hear waht he had to say to just us missionaries. What suprised me the most was that both he and his wife talked about how our future-investigators' ancestors are praying for us. They are on the other side of the veil praying that we will teach the gospel to their decendents, so that their ordinaces can be done too. Isn't that such a neat thing to hear?! IT was so great.  Also yesterday, we did a service project for kids in Utah who don't have food. We made soup bags, that you only have to add water to. As an MTC we made 350,000 bags! So cool right? AFter that, we had a special treat where we watched "Ephriam's Rescue." It was the first time that I had seen it, and it's realllllly good. I highly recommend it.
Well, this week: it was pretty good, a little monotonous, but still good. 
Funny story: One sister in my district received a package this week. Well I guess her dad is kind of strange because he put a packet of SPAM in it!! Ew! Like why?? Well anyways, we decided to have a mid-MTC district initiation. So we all had to eat some cold, rubbery SPAM at the same time. The texture was the worst. 

So there are these people who walk around the MTC with gold tags. We call these "gold-tag-investigators." Well one sat next to my companion and I at lunch one day, and we talked to him for a while about the gospel. He's from Guatamala and has had such a hard life it's  unbelievable. I don't have the time to descibe it, just know that we are soooo blessed with our lives. He wants to learn more, so we have an appointment with him in just a couple of minutes, so I don't have that long on the computer. 

One elder from the other district that just came got his visa and he leaves on Monday! He's also from Virginia, and it seems like everyone I know who has gotten their visas lately have gone through the Washington DC consolate.... I don't want to jinx anything, but yeah....

Portuguese is muito bem. Getting bettter every day!

Amo voces!!!
Sister Eliason

No comments:

Post a Comment