Monday, January 13, 2014

Oi!

HEY EVEYRONE!!! How is it going in the USA?? Sharing your testimonies?!? YEAH!

This week was tough, not going to lie. It started out pretty good. WE had some good lessons. WE did a lot of finding this week and taught the Restoration a bunch. I always love teaching about it. And I'm getting more comfortable talking to people on the street. One of my highlights of this week was when we ran into a recent-convert who is semi-active on Saturday. Of course we invited him to come to church, and he was really hesitant: 
him:no, I have to work..
me:what time?
him: 1-9
me:perfect! You can come to church first!!
him: no way- I'm working late tonight!
me: you don't need sleep... you´ll be fine!
him: AHH I need sleep!
me: nah- church is more important...

It went on like that for a little while. Anyways, I was so excited because I actually had a conversation with someone and I didn't need the help of my companion.  And GUESS WHAT?! HE CAME TO CHURCH YESTERDAY!!!!! 
And a good thing too because no one else came. 

Saturday was undoubtedly the hardest day of my mission so far. We had a baptismal interview planned for a man, Anderson, but apparently he forgot. We called him, and he said he would come, but then he wouldn't. So we called again. Same thing happened. WE ended up waiting almost 4 hours because he kept saying he would come but he never did! AHH! We feel so good about him! He has had spiritual experiences, and read part of the Book of Mormon without us even asking him to. He doesn't drink or smoke (WHAT?!!?) and said he will stop drinking coffee. And he live the law of Chastity. Soo it's really frustrating that he forgot... and then he didn't come to church yesterday because he forgot to tell us that he had work. so we have to wait a couple more weeks before he can be baptized.

Well after we waited for forever, we went to an appointment (and a recent convert came with us) so we were really excited. buuuut our appointment wasn't there. And so was our back-up. And a lot of people we talked to in the streets weren't interested. When we got back to the apartment, we called our investigators to remind them about church the next morning, and one woman we felt so good about and had high hopes for, well she said that her husband doesnt want her to investigate the church anymore. AGGGGG!!! I think my heart broke. Seriously, I was so sad. I was just ready for the day to be over. BUT at about 10:15, we got a call asking us to give talks the next day in church. And of course in Portuguese. So yesterday I gave a talk! I guess I forgot I speak a lot slower in Portuguese than in English because my talk ended up being 15 min. Afterwards a bunch of members told me congratulations and then corrected my portuguese. ha

This week, I have decided, will be better! YAY! I know that this is the Lord's work, and HE will help us when we are trying our best. This gives me a lot of comfort. I know this is His church, and I know that I am supposed to be here in Brazil right now. 

I love you all!!!!!!!!!! Hope you have an amazing week!

Sister Eliason
P.S. I got your Christmas cards this week (at zone conference!) And I want to give a special shout-out to the Moore family. Thank you for including me in your Christmas letter.... :) "Starving College students try to eat small children" That made me laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment